Search This Blog

Friday 12 July 2013

Travelday

Dear all,

Today I have arrived at my first destination. I woke up at 6.30am, for me that's early. When I go to school, I don't leave my bed untill 7.25am. The only day I need to get up at 7am straight is when I go to work. Anyway, enough about that.

So, as I was going to England, we took the carferry. I have done that many many times, but I still hate it. I don't really get sick, I just feel sort of dizzy, and a little sick, but they have pills for that. I am a little clumbsy myself, so with a boat, which is not level, going up and down, me feeling slighlty weird... Well, I think you understand what happens... I look like I am drunk. And I don't drink alcohol, not a principal thing, I just find it disguisting(not sure this is the right spelling... Correct me if I am wrong).

So, after we arrived, we saw the cliffs of Dover. By car that is. And boy they are beautiful. I have seem them quite a few times now, but they still make me feel special. Like I am an ant, walking in between al those human beings. That's a bizar way to explain the feeling, but somehow it makes sense. Well, too me at least. Dutch coasts are sandy, we have no cliffs, it's so different. Weird isn't it, the way two countries, not far apart, can be so so different. The fotograph you see was taken on the boat, and it's not a very good picture... Sorry about that!

Now we are at the campsite, a small one, with lovely people. It is quite close to Cambridge. I like it here, nice and quiet. I guess I am not the kind of person who wants to see thousands of people on a campsite. I love peace and quiet.

Tomorrow we'll be visiting a mill, with a second-hand bookshop! Must be awesome!! I love second-hand bookshops. They make me feel like I am in a place where there are not only thousands of stories inside the books, like in a regular bookshop, but there are also the stories which come with the book. Some of those books may be old and have even more stories than just the one inside... Bizar and special, I find that.

Well, that's it for today! Tomorrow I will try to write another blog about my 4 week trip to England. I'll try to blog everyday, but I cannot say whether I have something interesting to tell you everyday..

Love,

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment